Sunday, March 08, 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

L'âge du Fer

Frank Stone Gallery
1224 2nd St NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413

Gallery Hours
Thursdays – Sundays
12-5pm

Opening reception
March 20th
5-9pm

Closing reception
March 27th
5-9pm

ABOUT THE EVENT:
Please join Rabi Sanfo at the
Frank Stone Gallery March 19-29. He will be exhibiting his latest body of work at his first solo show titled "L'âge du Fer" which means "Iron Age" in his native French.

Local band
Until the End will be performing at the opening. Please stop in, enjoy a glass of wine, and learn more about his work!

ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Burkinabé artist Rabi Sanfo immigrated to Minneapolis in 2004. Starting his business Yarbi Design first in his garage, Sanfo put his welding background into use by creating metal furniture. Since then, he expanded his work to include metal sculptures, and in 2007 relocated to the Q.arma Building in the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District. Although his artistic techniques have evolved over the years, the core theme of his work remains: to share the history and culture of his native Burkina Faso.

Arstist Statement
My art is contemporary African art inspired by my country, Burkina Faso, and Africa in general. Through my art, I want to share the rich and impressive history and culture of West Africa. The shapes of my sculptures, furniture and decorative objects are inspired by words, stories, fables and situations that come into my mind, and my culture. By the magic of bending, grinding and welding, I try to give these inspirations a form, an expression and a touch of life so when I get lost in a deep contemplation, I feel like they are living.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Visit
http://www.yarbidesign.blogspot.com/ or call 612.227.8960.

High resolution images are available upon request. Please see the sample images attached.

No comments: